When deciding whether you need cloud hosting or regular hosting, you need to understand what Hosting and Server are. The server is a large, powerful computer that works non-stop, is constantly connected to the Internet and processes absolutely all requests that come to it. Hosting is a place specially designated for the site, where the information of your platform is stored and processed.
You can not buy hosting on the server, if you are confident in the power of the equipment and the ability to constantly process requests, the ability to constantly upgrade the site, and the device will be able to work without turning off for a long time. Not ready for such tests? We suggest that you consider purchasing space on a remote server.
Types of hosting
At the moment, there are three main types of hosting:
- Virtual several accounts are placed on one server. The advantage is the low price, but if your "neighbor" restarts the server, then you will also experience difficulties in the operation of your site. The result may be a data reset that will take from one to several days.
- A dedicated server places one client on one server, allowing for complete isolation. But it is very expensive and requires certain technical knowledge and skills.
- Virtual dedicated server (hybrid of the first two). On the one hand, savings due to the fact that your site is hosted by the provider together with others, but the number of users is limited, which gives more opportunities and increases the speed of processing. You are assigned a certain server capacity and memory capacity. You can make individual settings based on templates, which is not possible with more expensive virtual hosting. Cloud hosting appeared recently. Based on its qualities, it will soon monopolize the demand for the user.
Cloud hosting is the most convenient and flexible way to store and use information . Your resource is placed on several virtual servers at once, and the provider's efforts are aimed at a dedicated IP address, increasing uptime and not difficult scaling. In this case, you really get an isolated space on a specific server. If you draw a simplified picture, it will be like a New Year's garland with gradual connection. You have at your disposal not one, but many servers. As new requests arise, new computers are connected to the network. This is also a plus in the fact that in the event of a failure of one of the servers, its load is taken over by the next one, which helps to avoid work stoppages.
Conclusion : Normal hosting looks like a set of folders that are stored on the same server and into which a neighbor can accidentally "climb" in case of any failure. Cloud hosting is completely your individual virtual server.Also read : How to choose a domain for a website .
And now let's choose hosting for ourselves . We are not trying to convince you that everyone needs cloud hosting, because it is much more expensive, although for regular hosting you pay a monthly subscription fee, and for cloud hosting you pay for the work done.
Let's take a closer look at the types of hosting. usual:
- a set of folders in a very powerful computer in a data center that receives and processes requests. In addition to your platform, there are several others on the server, which allows you to significantly reduce the cost of the rental service. But, if there is a failure or an overload on one of the sites, the entire system must be rebooted, and this is time.
- There is an opportunity not to mess with the settings, but to take ready-made templates as a basis. You simply upload content, and posting and maintaining publications is a headache for the provider.
- Payment is made monthly and depends on the volume. For additional functions: automatic creation of backup copies, saving databases - you pay separately.
- This is convenient, understandable, and most importantly, proven hosting for years. You don't need to create, you choose from the offered template options.
- There are a few downsides to all this comfort. The first is safety.
When choosing a low-quality provider, you can become a victim of interference either accidental or purposeful. Since all folders are located on the same computer, there is a possibility of special access to your site for the purpose of fraud or manipulation. Another option is randomness. If the server fails, the request addressed to you may go to your "neighbor", or by making changes to your site, you may affect another.Read also : How to use the Advego service .
Lack of customization: when using templates, you have to choose from the ones offered, and not create your own image. You have limited options to change settings and make adjustments to external and internal content. But you are not racking your brains, but building your site like a designer. However, we do not urge you to abandon this type of service. you need to compare hosting capabilities and requests. To whom will regular hosting "become a best friend"? For a small website of business cards or an online store, it is more convenient to use ready-made applications, such as TUPOS, NetCat, UMBRACO ... Such hostings allow for a reasonable price to support simple editing, placing photos and pictures, changing the price, even receiving sales analytics.
Ordinary hosting is also suitable for owners of a good, but rather old project. Then it will function anyway, without requiring high dynamics. You should not transfer such a project to a new platform, it will be pointless and expensive. But if your business involves a large number of requests, and the activity is extremely high, you cannot do without cloud storage.
Let's repeat : cloud storage is isolated access on a dedicated virtual server. You can be sure that your data is saved as in the personal cell of the most reliable bank.
Cloud hosting is about individuality. With cloud storage, you get the opportunity to support various even the most complex programming languages and manage any operating systems. With the help of a convenient administration system, you can make various changes to a specific server that will not affect others. Flexibility and complete security make cloud hosting more and more popular among webmasters.
For whom is cloud hosting absolutely necessary?
We recommend cloud hosting to owners of large, dynamic projects with a large number of visitors, which are constantly developing. You have a serious blog with a large number of subscribers, a huge online store with many brands, a giant news portal, or your business is related to trade secrets and a security system, you cannot do without cloud storage.
Cloud hosting guarantees customers complete confidentiality and your partner's reliability. You completely control the technical side, you can make any changes to your needs, install and adjust updates. There are no restrictions on the use of programming languages.Learn also : How to create a site using a free site builder .
Cloud hosting is the most advanced backup storage . We offer an unlimited flow of visitors: when the number of guests increases, new computers will be connected, when the number of jobs decreases. Thus, you save on the efficient use of funds. You will pay only for the used resource. By renting cloud hosting, you get automatic data backup.
We are looking for a provider. Everything is simple here, as when choosing any product. Pay attention to the price-quality ratio. The cost of hosting includes a set of configurations: disk space, RAM, administration and other support of the hoster, get rid of headaches when using the site. Avoid solutions that are too expensive (it is not clear where they screwed up) and too cheap (it is not known what they save on). Analyze the prices of different providers and the services they provide and choose the "golden mean". It is very important to pay attention to the level of security.
Reputation and experience are key points . Check out other customer reviews. Look at their sites: are you comfortable as a consumer. Of course, you can take a risk and trust a newcomer and it will be cheaper, but then be sure to clarify the qualifications of employees and projects that have already been successfully completed.
Guarantees for uninterrupted service and full transparency of cooperation . If the provider is not ready to sign a document that guarantees your security, uninterrupted access to your site, or vague and unclear answers are given to your simple user questions, do not sign a contract under any circumstances.
You should be sure of the absolute support, full support and high level of responsibility of your provider to customers. A good provider will offer you to sign an additional agreement on quality guarantees or will indicate this point in the contract. Do you have any questions? We will be happy to answer them. Was the publication informative? Then share it on social networks. We remind you that you can buy a reliable VPS server and register the in.ua domain at the CityHost hosting company.